Professional Diploma in Halal industry management
This course aims to introduce the halal industry management, industry players and the importance of the Halal industry in the modern world. This course explains the basic principles Islam, Halal, and the importance of Halal products in Muslim society. After students fully understand the concept this course introduces the application of Halal concepts and principles into the Halal industry.
At the end of this course, the student will be able to
1. Differentiate Halal and Haram principles
2. Explain how does the Halal industry work
3. Identify the players in the Halal industry
4. List the segments of the Halal industry
|Program||Professional Diploma in Halal Industry|
|Target Audience||Product managers, retail managers, managers and entrepreneurs of hospitality industry, managers and entrepreneurs of food industry, managers and entrepreneurs of travel and tourism industry, managers and entrepreneurs of pharmaceutical industry, journalist, marketing executive, marketing managers, media managers and students who want to start a career in halal industry|
|Study Mode||Online (Distance learning)|
|Duration||40 Hours (Flexible - Students have freedom to start at their own time and complete within in 12 Months)|
|Academic requirements||Not required|
|Work experience||Not required, however, professional experience in Halal industry will be recognized for Accredited Prior Learning (APL)|
|English language requirements||Reading, writing and presentations skills|
|Learning materials||Animated videos, reading materials, e-books and case studies weekly live Q & A with instructors|
|Assessments||Students need to complete end of chapter questions, assignments, Capstone projects and recorded presentation.|
|Award||Professional Diploma in Halal Industry|
|Awarding body||Students have choice to select the Diploma provider from 1. London School of Business and Social Sciences (LSBSS) or 2. Geneva School of Business and Economics (GSBE) 3. American International Theism University (AITU)|
|Fees||UK£ 250 - London School of Business and Social Sciences (LSBSS) or Geneva School of Business and Economics (GSBE) UK£ 500 - AITU|
Click for Online Application and Payment to start the course
Note : Students who apply through the above link will be directed to our secured learning management system where they have to create an account and make the payment. The students will begin the course once the payment is complete. The payment goes through a secured popular learning management system TEACHABLE.
There are a number of partial scholarships available. If the students are expecting a scholarship, they need to fill out the form given in the below link. One of our student counselors will contact the students once the form has been submitted.
Click here for a scholarship and approval
Professional Diploma in Halal Industry Management Syllabus
HIM110 Basics of Halal and Halal Industry
This module would introduce the concept of Halal and the basics of Halal Vs Haram
(Permissible Vs Non Permissible). At the end of this lesson you will be able
1. Define and explain “Halal” and “Haram”
2. Differentiate Halal and Haram
3. Describe the importance of Halal Industry management in the modern commercial
4. Explain the segments in the Halal Industry
Assessment : Complete the end of the lessons questions
HIM120 Halal Food and Beverage Industry
Halal food and beverage is the largest segment of Halal industry. The module
discusses the Halal food and beverage industry in general and explain the the
importance and influence of Halal food and beverage in daily Muslims lives. Islamic
law regarding Halal food and beverage has been discussed from different
perspectives of scholar opinions.
At the end of this chapter you will be able
1. Explain the importance of Halal food and beverages in Muslim lives
2. Describe the what is Halal and Haram in food and beverage industry.
3. List the big brands into the Halal industry
HIM 130 Halal Tourism
Halal tourism the second largest segment in Halal industry involves in Muslim
lifestyle. The module introduce the world of Muslim friendly hotels, airports, resorts
and airliners. The increase of wealthy Muslim population has created the demand for
Halal or Muslim friendly tourism sector.
At the end of this lesson you will be able
1. Differentiate the Halal tourism and traditional tourism
2. List and describe the components of Halal tourism industry eco- system
3. Describe the Halal tourism management industry
HIM 140 Muslim Clothing and apparels industry
As all other communities and culture, Muslims do have different clothing while
adapting to their particular culture. Islam has also put some restriction to be
followed by the Muslims in the apparels and cloths. This module discuss the how the
Islamic value are incorporated in Muslim men and women. The industry is discussed
At the end of the lesson, you will be able
1. Discuss the Islamic guidelines on clothing for men and women
2. Explain the importance of Muslim clothing on apparels industry
3. List the big brands who are tapping on Islamic Clothing industry
HIM 150 Halal pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, media and recreation Industry
The module cover three important fast growing segments in Halal industry
– Halal pharmaceuticals
– Cosmetics and make up
– Media and recreation.
The module discuss the importance of Islamic principles on cosmetics and
recreation. Each segment is discussed with the industry updated.
At the end of this lesson you will be able to
1. Identify the difference between the Halal pharmaceuticals Vs the traditional
2. List the big players in the Halal pharmaceuticals and cosmetics industry.
3. Industry update on these three segments
HIM 150 Halal Finance
The popularly known Islamic finance has been discussed in this module in detail
which is the largest segments in Halal industry. The basics of Islamic banking and
finance has been discussed along with industry update and institution.
At the end of this module, you will be able to
1. Differentiate the Islamic finance and conventional finance
2. Describe the Islamic finance industry.
3. List and explain the different Islamic financial institution
HIM 160 Halal logistics
Halal logistics links the halal food & beverage, cosmetics, clothing and pharmaceutic
industry products and players.
At the end of this chapter you will be able to;
1. Discuss the players in Halal logistics
2. Describe the importance of Halal logistic in Halal industry management
3. Explain the models for Halal logistics
HIM 170 Halal Quality Assurance System
The Halal quality assurance make sure that products and services comply with
Islamic principles, Islamic law and general accepted ethical requirements and good
At the end of the lesson you will be able
1. Describe the importance of Halal Quality Assurance system
2. Explain how does the Halal Quality assurance work.